ATLMUZIKFANZINC
Custom Search

Monday, March 15, 2010

Review of "Lies the Government Told You" by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano



This book was written by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano, but you might recognize him from Fox News like I did. The book starts off talking about how our founding fathers told us lies that have stuck with us even until today. This book then goes on to talk about seventeen lies the government has told us like "All men are created equal." This was identified as a lie because there was slavery, and one race was inferior over another race. Napolitano talks about how some of our founding fathers actually owned slaves, but led others to believe differently.

I thought this book informed me about a lot of things I had been hearing about, but was not sure on it. I was definitely shocked to learn about how George Washington treated slaves during that time. Plus, it was a shame how some of our founding founders did not want to help abolish slavery because they had slaves themselves. I also did not agree with parts of “Your Body is Your Temple” chapter because I felt that the government should tell people what’s bad for their bodies. Most people actually don’t know some of the things we put into our bodies are harmful until the government tells us about it. The companies are not going to tell us them until someone is hurt, so the government has to step up for the people.

I would recommend this to anybody who believes everything the government tells them, because this will definitely get them to thinking about what’s going on in our country. I would also recommend this book because it’s good to learn about things you might have been misinformed about. Plus, open your mind up to new things the government is trying to keep from us, and get out there and do something about it.

This book was provided to me by Thomas Nelson in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Image hosting by Photobucket