ATLMUZIKFANZINC
Custom Search

Monday, January 02, 2012

Her Military Training

Guest post from: Kent Lara

I did my military training at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. I was in training to become a combat medic in the U.S. Army, and boy, was it tough. I knew that joining the Army wouldn’t be easy, but I thought it was important to give back to my country. I wanted to do something more with my life than just work, and I knew that if I became a combat medic I would be instrumental in saving lives. When I first got to Fort Sam Houston I met some awesome people, but I still really missed my family back in Florida. I searched wireless internet Fort Sam Houston so I could find a place where I could get wireless access so that I could email and video chat with them to keep my spirits up while I was training. Keeping in touch with them kept me sane through the grueling days of physical training and the difficult classes. I started wondering how people used to keep in touch before the internet, because every time I spoke to my family and saw their faces I felt much better.

No comments:

Image hosting by Photobucket